Skillet Eggs and Hash
Upgrade your breakfast without the added effort ... or dishes.
7-10 Yukon Gold Potatoes, ¼ inch diced
1 Shallot, thinly sliced
6 Ramp Bulbs, thinly sliced (or 1 large clove of garlic, minced)
1 small Jalapeno, seeds removed + finely diced
5-7 Shiitake Mushrooms, ½ inch diced
4 Large Eggs
½ tsp Paprika
Salt + Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
Dollops of Goat Lady Dairy’s Snow Camp (or any creamy cheese)
Radishes, thinly sliced
Pickled ramps, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Meanwhile, heat a large cast iron skillet on high. Add olive oil.
- Once oil is shimmering hot, spread potatoes out evenly in the pan. Turn down heat to medium-high, and let sit undisturbed about 2 minutes until well seared. Mix potatoes around then continue cooking until tender. Add paprika and season lightly with salt.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon of butter along with the shallots, garlic and peppers. Stir into the potatoes to sweat, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms to pan, and cook all together for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Create four wells within your veggies for the eggs; make sure the wells are clear of veggies and span about 2 inches in diameter.
- Crack your eggs into the well, careful not to break the yolks (you could crack your eggs into a separate bowl and then add to ensure yolks are safe). Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of salt.
- If adding a melting cheese - like cheddar or American - sprinkle it over the skillet (avoid covering the eggs!)
- Place skillet in oven and bake 3-5 minutes, until egg whites become solid.
- To Garnish: If using a softer cheese like goat, parmesan, or feta, sprinkle it over everything along with the rest of your garnishes!
And unless you are eating this in a hipster cafe, transfer to bowl to eat!