Easy French Press
Everything tastes better in French [Presses].
(makes 1 cup)
1. In the french press, add semi-coarse ground coffee.
2. Bring enough water to a boil (keeping in mind a good amount of water will evaporate). Let water cool for a few minutes (until it reaches ~206F).
3. Pour hot water steadily into french press, ensuring all grounds are saturated until you have 350-375g (approx. 1.5 cups) of water in the base. Note: Coffee grounds should form a crust and “bloom” - developing a dome.
4. After 1 minute, break the crust with the back of a spoon (do not stir). The grinds should settle to the bottom.
5. After 3 more minutes, slowly press the coffee.
Drink with a croissant (and cigarette, if applicable).