Asparagus and Feta Frittata
Spring veg, local cheese, and farm fresh eggs ... that’s all, folks!
Light, delicious and always pretty, this frittata recipe takes just 10 minutes from your cutting board to your plate. And you can change up the veggies and cheese however you’d like depending on what’s available. It’s totally foolproof.
6 Large Eggs
½ lb Asparagus, tough ends trimmed + sliced on a bias
4 Scallions, thinly sliced on a bias, white and green parts separated
2 tbsp Butter
⅓ cup Feta
Salt + Fresh Ground Pepper
- Set the oven to broil. In a medium oven-safe nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced scallion bulbs to the pan and cook to soften, about one minute.
- Add the asparagus and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a small bowl until slightly foamy. Season both the eggs and vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Shake the pan to arrange the asparagus into an even layer. Pour the eggs over the veggies, then let cook 1 minute undisturbed until the eggs are completely opaque on the edges.
- Use a rubber spatula to carefully separate the eggs from the edge of the pan, tilting it so the loose eggs fall to the sides and beneath the frittata.
- Transfer to the oven for just one minute, until the eggs are completely set in the center.
- Use that rubber spatula again to release the frittata from the edges and bottom of the pan, then gently slide it onto a plate.
- Top the whole thing generously with crumbled feta, the reserved sliced scallion tops, crushed chili flakes and fresh ground black pepper.